Is your idea of a quality product and excellent workmanship not just one that is durable and efficient but fashionable in appearance? Then the Philips Shaver Series 5000 PT860 is one of the shavers in the market that satisfy your definition of an ideal product.
Strongly created to deliver an excellent shaving and trimming result. Like most Philips product, this model is equipped with DualPression head, which you use to shave various styles of beards including moustache, and sideburns and hairs without causing you any injury.
With its Super Lift & Cut blades system, this product stands out as one of the best user-friendly shavers in the market. Read on to know more about it.
Philips Shaver Series 5000 PT860/17 Description and Features
Philips Shaver Series 5000 PT860/17 is a black and silver coloured shaver that remains remarkable in the market because of its impressive appearance. A product combines beauty with quality, performance and durability. This product prides itself on ease-of-use thanks to the excellent Philips technologies used in creating it.
In the electronic industry, beauty normally goes with excellent performance, reliability and durability and this is exactly what you will get with this product. It delivers perfect close shave without irritating your skin or causing you any pain thanks to an excellent cutting system. The unit is able to capture different kinds of beard whether stubble or long regardless of the area where it is growing using its super lift & cut blades. It is the function of the first blade to raise your hairs while cutting below the skin level is the second blade’s function. In this way, you will have a painless, smooth and comfortable shaving. In case you want to trim your sideburns, beard or moustache, you will find the additional pop-up trimmer useful. This feature is able to adjust to the user’s sideburn.
To make usage hygienic and safe, Philips designed this product so that it will be water resistant making it possible for users to clean it with water. After shaving, you can rinse the shaver under a running tap without damaging it.
It is dry shave shaver powered with a lithium ion rechargeable battery. This requires a 1 hour of charge for it to deliver power continuous for up to 17 shaves depending on how long you shave. When the lithium ion rechargeable battery it comes with is fully charged, it will give a runtime of 50 minutes. However, you can recharge it for 3 minutes only and use it for one shave. It features a multipurpose LED Display, which enables you to know when the battery is 100 percent charged. In this way, you will be able to use the system very well.
Summary of the Features
Philips Shaver Series 5000 PT860 comes with features, which users require to get perfect close shaving experience. With its pop-up trimmer, you will be able to give a perfect touch to your sideburn. Whether you have long hairs or short hair, Philips Shaver Series 5000 PT860 is equal to the task. Above all, it is available in sleek design.
Philips Shaver Series 5000 PT860/17 Performance
What I like about the Philips Shaver Series 5000 PT860/17
- The battery and its charging system are highly efficient. Most batteries come with 40 minutes or less runtime but this product comes with a runtime of 50 minutes. With this runtime, you will be able to shave for about 17 times or more. Depending on how long and frequent you shave on a daily basis. Despite the appreciable battery runtime, it does not take time for the battery recharging fully. You need to charge it for just an hour in order to get 50 minutes runtime. However, some Philip products require 8 hours charge time and yet deliver just 40 minutes runtime.
- It is hygienic to use this product. Like most models of Philips, this product is waterproof and you can rinse under a running tap after shaving. In this way, no hair particle no matter how tiny it is will remain in the blade and shaving head after your morning shaving routine. The shaving heads are corrosion free. The blades will always remain new even after cleaning it with water.
- As a customer on Amazon has noted it, it offers a quiet operation. Your partner will sleep soundly without any disturbance when you wake up earlier to shave.
- This is moderately prices shaver despite its impressive performance.
What I dislike about the Philips Shaver Series 5000 PT860/17
- Despite excellent feedbacks this product has received, a few consumers have some complaints against it. A consumer has described it as flimsy and doubtful construction which did not deliver any result to him. Another customer complained of getting neck rash after using this shaver.
Summary of the Review
Philips Shaver Series 5000 with DualPrecision Shaving and Pop-up Trimmer PT860 is a nice product that has obtained many positive reviews. A well created model to deliver closer shaving with excellent results. You can also use it to trim you sideburns, moustache and beards whether the hairs are long or not. Despite the disappointments of a few customers, their complaints do not outweigh the numerous positive reviews it has obtained and thus, it is worth buying. You will get value for your money if you buy this product. You can check out the Philips Shaver Series 5000 at Amazon.
- Shaving style: dry shave
- Shaving system: DualPrecision heads, super lift & cut
- Handle: anti slip, ribbed rubber grip and ergonomic easy grip
- Battery type: lithium rechargeable battery
- Battery runtime: 50+ minutes (about 17 shaves) for full shave and one shaves for three minutes charge
- Battery charge time: 1 hour for full time charge and 3 minutes for one shave
- Stand-by power: 0.25 W
- Maximum power consumption: 5.4 W
- Display type: LED Display (multipurpose)
- Guaranty: 2 years guarantee