The best halogen oven they have ever owned! This is the comment made about the . These customers have previously used other makes of halogen oven.
The oven is one of the few ovens that come with a spare bulb that is easy to fit. This is a great advantage as customers have complained that they have had to throw away other model once the bulb went.
The oven also comes with all the attachments necessary to start cooking and a 2-year warranty. Together with its low price, this makes it a market leader.
Features of Andrew James Halogen Oven
- 5 Cooking functions – Roast, Grill, Bake, Fry and Steam
- 12 Litre capacity glass bowls that will extend to 17 litres by using the included extender ring.
- Easy to operation with dials rather than digital display for time and temperature control
- Safe Tempered glass pot where the glass has been toughened
- Light-wave Technology” enables the food to be evenly cooked through out
- Setting to thoroughly thaws out frozen food
- Temperature control sets heat to precise temperature
- Cooking temperatures up to 250 centigrade, 475 Fahrenheit or Gas Mark 9
- The oven comes with a turbo wash function for self cleaning
- Removable plastic base
How to Operate the Andrew James Halogen Oven
The Andrew James 12 litre Halogen Oven is easy to use you just push down the handle to start and lift the handle to stop the oven cooking. Although the oven is easy to use, customers have commented that it needs a little practice getting used to setting the correct temperatures and timings, it appears to cook faster than it states in the recipe book. One advantage of the oven is that you can easy see the progress of the cooking through the glass bowl. The Halogen Oven has easy to use dials rather than digital push buttons to operate the adjustable timer and temperature setting. The Oven has a 12-litre capacity but this will extend to 17 litres by using the extender ring. You can use this when you cooking larger joints or Chicken. A fan circulates the heat evenly so there is no need to keep turning the food. The oven tends to cook very quietly.
Performance of Andrew James Halogen Oven
Customers were generally pleased with the performance of their oven. Many commented on how much quicker the cooking took to that in a conventional oven. You can cook almost anything in it. The oven is good for cooking meat and jacket potatoes unlike the microwave. As regard to taste they commented on how when meats were cooked they shrink less and are succulent and juicy. Placing the extension ring on top of the glass bowl creates more volume and allows you to cook with larger joint. It also then cooks more evenly without grilling the top, as the heating element is located in the top of the oven. Halogen Bulb Replacement There is one common complaint among customer who have previously owned halogen oven. That is they have had to throw away previous halogen ovens when the bulb has gone and then had to purchase a new oven. The Andrew James 12 LTR model comes with a free replaceable bulb. These bulbs are also available from amazon. This model is one of the few that come with a replacement bulb. You can replace new bulb at a fraction of the price of purchasing a new machine. If the bulb does go, it is easy to replace. You just remove the fan cover and then a small panel, unplug the bulb, and replace the panel and the fan cover.
Instructions & Cook Book for Andrew James Halogen Oven
Each oven comes with an instruction book and a free 128-page halogen oven cookbook by Norma Millar. View the instruction book here. Some customers have complained that the instruction book is a bit sparse in detail and that it does not always give full details on timing. The cook book other customers have complained that there were no colour photographs and stated that the choice of recipes was a bit random. Another source for recipes is to surf the net for them. An alternative book I would recommend is the Hamlyn All Colour Cookbook 200 Halogen Oven Recipes.
Included Accessories for Andrew James Halogen Oven
The oven comes with all the accessories you need. This is important, as they are much more expensive if you have to buy them separately. The accessories you will receive are as follows: • 1 – Set of Tongs – used for lifting the hot pans out • 1 – Low food grill • 1 – High food grill – the low & high grill combined allow for cooking of whole meals • 1 – Baking Tray • 1 – Steamer Tray • 1 – Extender Ring – allows you to extend the ovens capacity from 12 to 17 litres • 1 – Lid holder – important to use as the lid gets hot • 4 – skewer forks In addition, there is 2 Year warranty
Approximate size: 36.3 x 36.3 x 23.3 cm Although quite large, the oven will fit on kitchen surfaces beneath kitchen cabinets. There is enough space between the top of the oven and the cabinets to avoid overheating. All the accessories can be stored away after use in the bowl.
The oven is available in White, Black & Red
• The oven comes with a 2 Year warranty so if anything goes wrong in the first two years of using your halogen oven. • It comes with all the accessories for you to start cooking.
• Some customers have complained about the instructions and recipe book for the oven not being comprehensive enough, e.g. not giving full details on timings. • Many customers have complained about the flimsiness of the metal stand used to hold the halogen top when it is not in use. All the stands for all halogen ovens have the top slid between two legs. The lid stand can slide along the work surface when you try to fit the lid. Therefore, it is best to hold onto the stand using an oven glove, as the lid is hot to touch, while putting the lid onto the stand. The lid holder is essential as the lid is hot and can burn work surfaces. Alternatively, customers have suggested placing the lid in the extender ring or a suitably sized saucepan or a wood board to avoid burning the kitchen surface. Use these alternatives when laying the lid down while turning and inspecting the food.
Overall the comments abound this oven are positive with a 4.7 out of 5 stars rating. “This little oven cooks fast! I took it to work and made steak and potatoes for all my co-workers in less than 40 min. It is easily portable, and cleaning (so far) seems simple”. Price Check out the Andrew James 12 litre Halogen Oven at who usually has the cheapest price for this oven.