Are you looking for an electric toothbrush with a cleaning head and bristles that are kind and gentle on the teeth but also tough on stain and plague? If the answer to the above question is yes, Braun Oral-B Professional Care 600 may be what you are looking for.
It is a single brush mode brush, which features an enhanced motor performance. The toothbrush head rotates for 8,800 times per minute and pulsates for 20,000 times per minute. The brush has a 3D movement cleaning system. This removes two times more plague than a conventional toothbrush. It does this by oscillating, rotating and pulsating.
Just like most models of Braun Oral-B toothbrush, it features a two-minute quad timer, interchangeable brush, two pin UK plug and rechargeable battery. Find out more about the features, pros and cons of this product.
Braun Oral-B Professional Care 600 Description and Features
Braun have engineered and equipped Oral-B Professional Care 600 with all the necessary features. In order to offer users a unique brushing experience, enhanced oral and dental care and healthier gum. The toothbrush is able to clean not just the surface of the teeth but also the sides and back of the teeth. The 3D cleaning system of this unit makes this possible. It pulsates to break up caked plague and stubborn stain. Then oscillates and rotates in order to wash them out. It comes with an interchangeable toothbrush head. Which is compatible with any toothbrush head of Oral-B products with the exception of Sonic/Pulsonic toothbrushes.
Because the toothbrush head is replaceable and or interchangeable, more than one person can make use of the handle of this product using different toothbrush heads. Braun includes a ring at the base of the toothbrush head of their products. This ring is available in various colours. It serves as a tag or mark for a toothbrush. You will be able to tell which one head belongs to you. In this way, you will avoid using another person’s toothbrush head if you are sharing the handle with other people.
Braun Oral-B Professional Care 600 have created an improved motor for enhanced brushing action. With the motor, the toothbrush pulsates for 20,000 times to loosen and soften the plague and stains. It then rotates and oscillates 8,800 times per minute in order to brush them out. The bristles of the toothbrush head are able to cover each tooth. Thus, they clean the entire tooth including hard-to-reach areas and the back of the teeth.
Braun Oral-B Professional Care 600 is equipped with professional timer, which makes a long stuttering sound when you have brushed up to two minutes, which is the recommended dentists’ brush time. It also makes stuttering sound after every 30-second interval, which serves as an alert for you to switch over to another quadrant of your mouth. If you obey the timer, you will be able to complete your brushing within 2 minutes without leaving any part of your teeth untouched.
Summary of the Features
Braun Oral-B Professional Care 600 is a product, which occupies the second to the last position in the comparison chart. It comes with basic features required for daily cleaning. For the price, the features are ok and you will get better cleaning results that you would have got if you were to brush with conventional toothbrush.
Braun Oral-B Professional Care 600 Performance
What I like about the Braun Oral-B Professional Care 600
- It is suitable for people that want a better cleaning result but do not wish to spend too much.
- Despite the low cost, the product is of superior quality. A customer on Amazon described it as being impeccably made and better than the original German product.
- It comes with an inductive charging head that is more superior to the charging heads of the previous models. The charging base also works with any Braun mechanical units, sold since 2006. If you buy this product and you have the previous ones, you will still be able to charge it with your old charging stand.
- The classic toothbrush head is available in a compact size but it covers the entire tooth removing dirt and plague from the sides of the teeth, surfaces, chewing surface and back of the toothbrush.
- The brush handle offers a good grip thanks to the rubberised front area. Above all, the plastic area of the handle is not just smooth but mildew and stain resistant. As noted by a customer on Amazon, you can easily clean it when it is dirty.
- NiMH batteries used by this product are more environmental friendly than the NiCd battery, banned in the UK.
- It comes with battery indicator lights, which let you know the charging state of the battery and the level.
What I dislike about the Braun Oral-B Professional Care 600
- As a customer stated on Amazon, this product makes more noise than some other models of both Braun and Philips toothbrushes. However, the noise is not excessive and not louder than the earlier generation.
- The charging base provided makes use of 100-130V AC. You cannot use it in places or countries that use 220v outlets. This may not be a problem to UK users but if you are traveling with it to any of those countries that make use of 220v, you will have a problem using it.
- The battery is not replaceable and this means that if the battery dies out, the unit will become useless, as you cannot replace it.
- A customer said that the pressure sensor did not work. If you press harder, the brushing head will keep rotating and the system will not turn off even though the head will no longer vibrate.
Summary of the Review
Braun Oral-B Professional Care 600 is a rechargeable toothbrush designed for people with limited budget. It occupies the second position in the comparison chart. It is able to deliver a better cleaning result than conventional toothbrush. Its NiMH battery, which has a linear pattern of discharging, delivers power for a reasonable duration making the unit suitable for travel. You should consider buying this product if you need only the basic or standard cleaning mode, as it does not offer the other modes. Braun Oral-B Professional Care 600 at Amazon.
Brand: Braun Oral B
- Types of toothbrush: electric toothbrush
- Power source: battery
- Battery type: NiMH rechargeable battery
- Battery charger voltage: 110-130v AC
- Cleaning mode: one cleaning mode
- Timer: professional 2 minutes timer with 30 minutes stuttering interval
- Cleaning technology: 3D movement cleaning system