This is sold by Coopers of Stortford.
Using infra red technology combined with a fan to circulate the air in the oven, it claims to cook food up to 60% faster than a conventional oven.
Features of Coopers Halogen Oven
- can be used for baking, roasting, frying, steaming, toasting, reheating and defrosting
- Infra red technology
- Self Cleaning
- 12 month warrenty if you buy the oven from Coopers Offers
- The oven has a 12 litre capacity bowl which can be extended to 17 litres
- Comes with two racks which can be used to cook entire meals
- Timer and temperature control
- Fitted with a safety switch
Operating the Coopers Halogen Oven
As with all halogen ovens the Cooper oven is easy to operate. Unlike a conventional oven you do not have to wait until your oven heats up. Good if you are living alone as instead of using your oven you can make a small meal using your halogen oven. It has a pre wash facility but you then have to empty a heavy glass bowl of hot dirty water. It is much easier just to clean the empty bowl in the sink using hot water.
Performance of the Coopers Halogen Oven
This oven will cook a whole roast chicken and crispy dry potatoes in 35 minutes. it uses 50% of the electricity of a ordinary oven. The hot air is circulated evenly around the oven and as a result you do not have to keep on turning the food. It browns and crisps food just like an oven. Some users have commented that the fan is not powerful enough to distribute the heat evenly throughout the glass bowl.
Halogen Bulb Replacement
The Cooper Halogen oven does not come with a spare halogen bulb. In addition the bulb tends to blow fairly quickly.
Instructions for Coopers Halogen Oven
The oven comes with a booklet of recipes but little in the way of basic instructions.
Accessories for Coopers Halogen Oven
The accessories you will receive with this oven are as follows:
- 1 – Steel expansion ring
- 1 – Lower cooking rack
- 1 – Higher cooking rack
- 1 – an accessory to remove the racks
There is no lid holder so this needs to be brought separately
Boxed product weight is 6 Kg
There is a one year warranty when buying through Cooper Offers
The oven is available in White only
Amazon Rating: 3.8
- There really no pros when compared to other models reviewed
- A few customers have complained that the glass bowl has broken
- Numbers for temperature and timer can be rubbed off
- You need to buy a separate lid stand as lid gets very hot during cooking and need something to hold it in
The price of the halogen oven varies depending on where you buy it but tends to have the lowest price.