Are you looking for a handheld vacuum cleaner with impressive flexibility and versatility? Do you want a vacuum cleaner that can work on all floor types? The Dyson DC59 may be what you are looking for.
It is an upright bagless vacuum cleaner with motorized brushbar head. Besides its numerous features, it is equipped with a washable filter. This is capable of capturing and retaining the allergen causing dust particles.
Therefore, you can always use this vacuum cleaner even if you are asthmatic or allergic to dust. There is no escape for even the finest dust particles to destroy the quality of your indoor air. Read on to know more about this vacuum cleaner.
Dyson DC59 Animal Slim Description and Features
If you order this vacuum cleaner, the first thing that will impress you when you open it is its awesome design. It looks like a space wagon. It has a strongly built handle where the trigger is located. In this power section, you will find two buttons from where you can control the unit. Dyson encases the V6 motor of this vacuum cleaner in its handle section. It is a 350w digital motor, which produces enough suction required to clean. The first button, which is the power trigger, you will find situated in the grip. For the unit to produce any power at all, you have to hold down the trigger firmly throughout the time you are vacuuming. Some people find this very odd but it helps to conserve power. In case you want to do harder, cleaning that requires higher suction. The second button will be useful to you. You will find it at the back of the motor. When you press it, the suction will increase more but the battery will rundown faster.
Well-made vacuum cleaners have quality filtration system. Dyson DC59 features a strongly built filtration system, which is capable of capturing and holding the finest dust particles. Once, picked up from the ground, it will be impossible for them to escape via the unit. Thus, your indoor air quality remains safe. Whether you are suffering from asthma or allergen, you will be able to use the vacuum cleaner. The filter is located at the top of the motor. You can easily remove it for cleaning. For optimal performance, it is advisable that you rinse the filter with water once a month. However, you have to leave it for 24 hours so that it will dry properly before you can put it back.
Dyson DC59 is a bagless vacuum cleaner. You will find the dust container at the grip sections top. Unfortunately, the dust container has a small capacity of 0.35 litre. This means that you will have to empty it several times if you are cleaning very dusty floors. However, it comes with a dustbin full indicator to enable you know when it has filled up.
A nickel battery powers Dyson DC59. The battery coupled with the two tier radial cyclones technology used in creating this vacuum cleaner. It produces enough power to keep the motor spinning at a very high speed. Before using the vacuum cleaner, you have to ensure that you fully recharge the battery. It takes only 3.5 hours to recharge the battery. You do not vacuum with the cleaner when the battery recharges when plugged in. Besides, the charger power cord is too small in length to make it possible for you to do any cleaning when it is recharging.
The battery runtime depends on the suction level you are using. If you are cleaning with the normal suction, the battery will give you a 26-minute runtime. If you want a high suction for a more tasking job, the battery will not last as long. Alternatively, if you want to use the motorized tool, the battery will give you 17 minutes runtime. However, with this suction and the motorized tool, you will be able to clean confined spaces. The tool will rid your floor of hairs and clean your upholstery regardless of how tough the cleaning is. The unit has cyclone technology, which uses powerful centrifugal forces to capture dust from the air and throw them into the unit. This technology ensures that the filters remain unclogged. In this way, the vacuum cleaner experiences no suction loss.
The vacuum cleaner comes with a 27 inches vacuum cleaner hose. With such a length, you will be able to clean above the floor and your ceiling or walls. It is a lightweight vacuum cleaner with a product weight of 4.6 lbs. or 2.11kg.
You will be able to carry such a weight up and down your stairs or from one room to another until you are done with the cleaning. It comes with a floor-cleaning tool comprising carbon fiber bristles and nylon. With the softer carbon fibre bristles, you will be able to get rid of your fine dust particles from hard surfaces while the nylon bristles cleans ground-in dirt. If there is any blockage as you are cleaning, you can see it via a transparent window running down the entire brush bar’s length. For enhanced cleaning result, the vacuum cleaner comes with combination floor nozzle and crevice nozzle these have on the onboard storage tool for easy access and storage. You can attach these tools to the wand.
Summary of the Review
This is a handheld vacuum cleaner with a difference. It has all the necessary features you will need in order to obtain a better cleaning result on a number of surfaces. The V6 motor spins excellently while the battery keep supplying power until it runs down. With the cyclonic technology, there is nothing like suction loss with this vacuum cleaner. It removes the debris from the air and pushes them to the dustbin. Its lightweight design makes cleaning easy.
Dyson DC59 Animal Slim Performance
What I like about the Dyson DC59 Animal Slim
- It is a bagless vacuum cleaner meaning that you do not have to replace any bag and this will help you to cut costs.
- Dyson DC59 is very easy to use thanks to its lightweight. You will be able to carry it up and down and around your house. The slim design also makes for easy storage.
- Unlike many vacuum cleaner, it comes with hand tools and attachments.
- You can use it in cleaning various types of floors and other surfaces such as furniture. With the long hose, you can vacuum your ceiling, wall and curtain which most handheld vacuum cleaners do not offer.
- It is good for spot cleaning as well.
- It comes with a two-year guarantee.
What I dislike about the Dyson DC59 Animal Slim
- One of the major downsides of this vacuum cleaner is that some customers complain that it is not very affordable. Unlike some other models of handheld vacuum cleaner which are affordable.
- It is not a replacement for a full size or conventional vacuum cleaner because of the low runtime of the battery. It can only vacuum for 26 minutes. You cannot use it to vacuum many rooms in a day’s cleaning routine.
- The small dirt cup size of this vacuum cleaner is another downside many customers have pointed out in their reviews. The dirt container size is only about 0.35 litres, which will not contain much dirt. You may even have to empty it before completing a spot cleaning task especially if the spot is very messy.
- This vacuum cleaner is not able to stand by itself unless it is leaned against a surface. You have to hold onto it until you have completed the cleaning.
Summary of the Review
Dyson DC59 is a handheld vacuum cleaner, which some people may classify as a full size vacuum cleaner because of the length of the body. The V6 motor produces enough suction that can lift heavy dust particles from the floor. It is only suitable for quick cleaning or few minutes cleaning because of its low battery rundown. It will be a good option for you if you are looking a lightweight vacuum cleaner to add to your conventional vacuum cleaner. If you have arthritis or you are not strong to lift heavy item, you may consider going for it for its lightweight. g. You can check out the Dyson DC59 at Amazon.
- Vacuum cleaner type: residential
- Vacuum cleaner style: handheld/upright
- Collection Type: bagless
- Bin capacity: 0.12 gallons
- Product weight: 4.6 lb.
- Product dimension: H9.8 x L 47.8 x W 8.2
- Cleaner head: Carbon fiber
- Technology type: 2 Tier Radial cyclone technology
- Suction power: 100 airways in boost mode and 28 airways at standard power