Have you become frustrated with personal trackers not covering all the activities you want to do? Have you become tired of an activity tracker that can only handle a limited range of motion? The Misfit Shine could be the activity tracker for you; this tracker is designed to give active adults, who enjoy a wide variety of activities, the tracking band they need.
Features and Design
The Misfit Shine design is waterproof up to 50 meters. It is the perfect solution for individuals who love swimming. Most trackers do not handle activities other than steps with any accuracy. However, the Misfit Shine’s design allows it to track swimming, cycling, running, walking; even sports like soccer and tennis. This tracker is unlike any other trackers that promise they can handle other activities but fall well short of the mark.
It comes with a sleep tracker. The sleep tracker handles both light and deep sleep. This is a step above other trackers that look at restful sleep. Tracking sleep functions can be a great way to alter your sleep patterns to optimize your rest. This is an excellent tool for individuals who may not feel as rested as they believe they should after a night’s sleep. Finding out when and how you sleep can be a huge benefit.
The battery in the Misfit is replaceable. Battery life will last for approximately 6 months. Replacement batteries are found at most drug or general merchandise stores. This is an advantage over rechargeable models. While you may need to spend additional money for batteries, you are more likely to use the tracker. Many people take the tracker off to charge it and forget to turn it back on.
The design of the Misfit allows you to use it on more than the provided wristband. You can attach it to any band. It is the perfect tracker for people who like to wear their tracker all the time and match it to their outfits. The sleek design is minimalistic, making it unnoticeable, unlike bulkier models.
The face features LED lights, which show your progress. The tracker will synchronize with your smartphone but is only compatible with IOS and Android. Unlike most trackers, the Misfit also works as a watch giving you a multifunction and sleek wrist unit.
The application that comes with the device is also easy to use and navigate. This makes it easy for you to keep track of your goals. Customer service is quick to respond to issues and seems willing to work to resolve customer issues quickly. This is unlike other companies, which may be difficult to work with or take a long time to respond to requests for assistance.
• The battery on the Misfit states it is good for 6 months; however, with daily constant use, the battery life can last for about 2-3 months. This is off set by the common availability of replacement batteries. However, it also means that you cannot charge it using a USB port while you work. Some people may find this to be a disadvantage. There are trackers, which charge in as little as two hours using a wall unit or USB port. This makes them ideal for charging, while sitting working at the computer. For some; however, it means that you may place it on the charger and forget it, making tracking inconsistent. This is especially true for individuals who may not be as disciplined as other users.
• One of the reasons this unit moves from band to band is magnetism. The unit attaches in the band via a magnetic connection. This means that the unit can occasionally become attracted to metal such as stairwells. Additionally, if you work with metal, you may wish to remove it since frequent contact, such as with knitting needles, can cause the unit to read each movement as a step. This will lower the accuracy and mess up results.
• The included app is the only app that the Misfit Shine uses. If you are already using an app such as MyFitnessPal, you will need to manually enter data or start where you left off on the other app to use this unit.
• The supplied wristband can be a little loose. This is a known issue and the Misfit Company is working on a design replacement for the bands. If you use the band that comes with the device, make sure that your unit is secure in the band.
• The unit is aluminium. It seems durable and is a wonderful black colour that goes with everything. However, it is easy to scratch. The black coating comes off leaving the silver underneath. This means that if you tend to bang your wrists or work in a physical job such as construction, you may find that the overall appearance of the unit could decline as a consequence of this.
Overall, the Misfit Shine seems to be one of the better models out there for personal activity tracking. The unit offers a wide variety of options when it comes to activities, a definite leg up from other trackers. You can easily program it by just tapping the unit to the appropriate activity.
The tracker looks at both light sleep and deep sleep, which can help users determine their sleep cycle and how to best use it to their advantage. The item is water proof up to 50 meters, versus water-resistant, which is one of the reasons why it is easy to use for swimmers and even divers. It is pricey for an activity tracker, which may put some users off; however, given the numerous features and benefits, it is well worth the money you will spend on it. The disadvantages in the instance of the Misfit Shine, do not outweigh the numerous benefits available to users.