Finding a reliable wireless activity tracker can be difficult. There are numerous models out there. How do you pick the one that is right for you? The UP24 by Jawbone Medium Wireless Activity and sleep tracker wristband may just be the solution for you. The Jawbone products are one of the leaders in activity and sleep tracking monitors. Numerous benefits and a name that is an industry standard really does back this wristband.
Features and Benefits
The UP24 has numerous features designed to make tracking your movement and sleep patterns easy. The design is trendy and fits well with people who want something fashion aware that does not look like a standard activity tracker. It also contains the standard food and drink tracking features that seem common with these devices. It has the standard step tracker, that handles running and walking steps. As with most activity trackers these days, the UP24 also comes with a sleep tracker to help track your sleep cycle.
Many people do not realize how important how they sleep is to their ability to function. You are used to sleeping a certain number of hours or a certain way. However, have you ever stopped to wonder why certain types of sleep, certain times, or certain lengths, make you feel different? The answer is in how you sleep. One of the things that the UP24 does is to track your sleep and how restful it is.
Do you move around a lot and when? You may find that the first few hours of sleep are deep sleep, you do not move around a lot. Then you have a period of movement that disrupts this. You may find that sleeping for a few hours, waking for a few minutes and sleeping again may give you longer restful sleep periods. This means better sleep even if it appears disrupted. The better your overall sleep, the more energy you have during the day, making it easier to accomplish your goals.
The Up24 is Bluetooth compatible making it easy to synchronize your daily results to your smartphone. The tracker is only available with Android 4.3 or later and IOS 6.0 or later. The accompanying app is easy to use. The UP24 also comes with a silent wake up alarm. This vibration based alarm system ensures that you do not wake up your partner.
The rechargeable battery lasts for up to 7 days. This enables users to use it on 6 days a week and charge it on their day off; charging is quick and easy via a USB port. All you need to do to access the charger is remove the end of the band and plug it in to your computer.
One of the biggest advantages this tracker has over other trackers is that it learns through the Insight Engine. The Insight Engine provides the user with information on how their eating and exercise habits affect each other, and in turn, affect the user. The more information you input, the more the engine learns about you and your habits.
As with all products, since no product is perfect, there are some disadvantages to the UP24. The band is larger and thicker than other trackers. This can be cumbersome for people in jobs that require a lot of computer work or jobs that involve working with your hands.
• The band tends to get caught on the keyboard, especially laptops, and can get caught while you are moving around
• There is no heart monitor: you will need to use a second monitor if you are doing activities that require heart rate monitoring
• It does not function as a watch. You will need an additional watch unit. This can be irritating if you want to or need to wear everything on the same wrist, given the larger size of this tracker
• There is no desktop application for the UP24. You will need to use it with a smartphone or tablet that features the operating systems mentioned earlier
• It is rechargeable. This appears in both the advantage and disadvantage section because it can be both. For some people, having a rechargeable tracker is a benefit. You do not have to worry about additional batteries, generally for the life of the unit. However, some people prefer to have a replaceable battery because they tend to leave the tracker on the charger, instead of using it as often as they might want. For someone who is highly disciplined, this may not be a problem. For most people who are using this as a motivational tool, they may have difficulty with devices that have rechargeable batteries.
Overall, the UP24 keeps the standard set by Jawbone for trackers. It offers good benefits for what it is and those benefits seem to work well. There are some disadvantages but no more so than other trackers of the same type and level. The big question is whether it is worth the money. This is one of the more expensive trackers available on the market, for its class. There are numerous trackers available on the market that offer similar features. For someone using Jawbone products and wants to stay loyal to the brand, this is definitely a tracker to consider.
If you are looking for the cheapest tracker, this may not be the model for you, but the model is reliable and provides an excellent tracker. If you are looking for a good solid tracker with a company that has been around for a while, this is definitely a product to consider. The name has been a standard in the industry for a while now; customer service is decent and while there are cheaper models, this has proven to be a seriously reliable product.