The Vax 6131T 3-in-1 Multivax Dry Vacuum and Carpet Washer has been a top-selling floor care appliance for over three decades. Created by Alan Brazier in 1979 and it has since become a household name. Brazier, designed it with the aim of making a domestic carpet-cleaning machine that could wash carpets, suck up spills and dry vacuum. Not only did he accomplish his goal, he was able to present an easy-to-use and affordable cleaner that has withstood the test of time. Even though its design has been refined and updated over the years, the fundamental design features that made this iconic, orange-colored canister such a bestseller remain intact to this day. This particular model is ideal for those who are prone to asthma or hay fever. In this review, you will find my honest opinion about the features that I found to come quite in handy. What this cleaner does its pros and cons. Finally what other users think about it.
Vax 6131T Multivax Description and Features
Essentially, this Vax model is a heavy-duty 3-in-1 cleaner that doubles as a handy vacuum cleaner and an efficient carpet washer. It is the ideal cleaning system, as it can vacuum up all the dirt, pet hair and crumbs from the surface of your pricy carpet, then rapidly and easily switch to washing mode to take out the dirt embedded deep within the carpet. The Vax 6131T comes with the Fibreflow Technology that makes washing upholstery or carpets as simple as dry vacuum cleaning hard floors. After the surfaces are dry vacuum cleaned, you can remove the bag covering the filter and empty and rinse the tank. You can fill solution tank with warm water plus cleaning chemicals and fit it to the canister. Secure the lid and connect the solution tube. After that attach the Fibreflow tool and the wet and dry vacuum will be ready to start. One of the things that sets the Vax 3-in-1 Multivax dry vacuum and carpet washer apart from many cleaners of its kind. Is is the fact that you can place its motor unit in the centre of the room and clean your carpet using the lighter weight cleaning attachment, as opposed to pushing a heavy and upright cleaner around the room. This model comes complete with several cleaning tool attachments.
Performance of the Vax 6131T Multivax What I like about the Vax 6131T Multvax
- An incredibly versatile appliance gives you the option of washing and vacuuming your carpets, as well as sucking up spills.
- It has large capacity tanks that can hold high volumes of fluff, debris and general rubbish. This means that you will have to empty and refill less often.
- Its clean water tank is also large enough to cut down the trips to the sink to refill.
- The Fibreflow technology makes washing quite easy.
- The vacuum comes with convenient tools such as crevice to access hard-to-reach areas such as under furniture, behind radiators, crooks in sofas, and gaps between floorboards etc. It also comes with a dusting brush and an upholstery tool.
- It has castor wheels, which make it easy for you to manoeuvre around the home and furniture.
- This model’s power code is also long at 10 meters, which is about 2 meters longer than most carpet cleaners are. This allows you to clean around a room without necessarily changing plug sockets.
- The suction of the Vax 6131T is exceptional, and leaves the surface literally spotless.
- Since it has a long reach, this cleaner will clean upholstery in cars.
- The Vax is one of the lightest vacuum cleaners on the market. This makes it easy to use and push around.
What I dislike about the Vax 6131T Multivax
- Converting the unit from vacuuming to washing carpets is a bit daunting. However, it does not take more than five minutes to make the switch.
- The cleaning heads are a bit larger than those supplied with the original are. This makes it a bit difficult to get the unit in to awkward corners.
What Others Say about this Vacuum Cleaner
The Vax 6131T 3-in-1 Multivax Dry Vacuum and Carpet Washer has widely received positive reviews on many online review sites. Majority of users find this appliance quite powerful, efficient and highly recommendable. Even though the Vax 6131 does not offer any advanced technology like relying solely on a powerful and solid motor or heated cleaning, most of the reviewers are extremely satisfied with both the cleaning and drying performances of this appliance.
Just like many other users, I also find the Vax 6131T 3-in-1 Multivax Dry Vacuum and Carpet Washer to be a good buy. It promises versatility, innovation and simplicity, which are all fundamental. The pros of this vacuum cleaner by far outweigh the cons, which clearly indicate just how functional this appliance really is. Is the Vax 6131T worth your money? The answer to that question is a definite “YES!”. This appliance is really worth having, though it does not come cheap. Nonetheless, its cost is only a small price you have to pay considering the many benefits you will get to enjoy soon after.
- Utilizes a powerful 1300w Electric Motor
- 252 air watts
- 8-litre dirty water tank capacity
- 4-litre clean water tank capacity
- Dry capacity of 10 litres
- Dirty capacity of 8 litres
- 1.8m hose
- 7.5m power cord
- Weight: 8.1 Kg
- Dimensions: 32cm x 32cm x 56cm
- Safety cut out indicator when tank is full
- 5-stage filtration
- Stainless steel extension tubes
- Fiberflow head
- Upholstery and crevice tools
- Vax AAA carpet cleaner
- 5-double walled paper dust bags
- Finished in a stylish orange shell
- Incredible build quality – includes a 2-year warranty for peace of mind